It’s FeelGood Friday, and you know what that means! It’s time for a giveaway!
This week, we’ve teamed up with Shannon of Shannon Fraser Designs to bring you a giveaway of her quilt pattern Flight Plan! It happens to be the Flight Plan Quilt’s one-year birthday, so to celebrate not only is Shannon giving one lucky follower a free pattern, but this pattern is also on sale on her website!
For details on how to WIN, head to our IG post!
To pick up the Flight Plan quilt pattern at 20% OFF, head to Shannon’s website and use the code FLIGHTPLAN1YEAR at checkout.
Get to Know Shannon
Hi everyone! I’m Shannon, a modern quilter designing patterns that inspire and encourage sewists of all levels to pursue their quilty joy! After being in the corporate world for close to 20 years, I needed more colour and creativity in my life and I found that through fabric! I just didn’t know what to do with the fabric I was buying – ha! So, I finally set out to teach myself how to sew. I started off with aprons, bags and pillows as I had completely discounted quilting until, one day, I caught a YouTube video on how to make half-square triangles (or HSTs as I’ve come to know them by). One block led to another and another and, before I knew it, I was on my way to piecing my first quilt. That was over 5 years ago and I’ve been hooked since!]
I love working with bold colours (they fire me up!) and geometric designs that look complex, but are just cleverly constructed (so you can piece them too!). Since I’m self-taught, I love sharing what I’ve learned through my quilty trials and tribulations! You’ll find free tutorials, inspirational projects and loads of resources to help you succeed in your quilting journey on my website www.shannonfraserdesigns.com. Most days you’ll find me working in my home studio, hanging with my trusty sewing companion Pips (a ragdoll cat) and drinking copious amounts of coffee, all while trying to wrangle my fabric stash! You can see what we’re up to (lots of sewing on my part, lots of napping on his!) over on Instagram @shannonfraserdesigns.
5 Fun Facts:
- Favorite thing about Fridays – I love Fridays! Since I spend so much time at the computer during the week, I usually save Fridays as my sewing day! It’s such a glorious way to ease into the weekend and stitch away the stress of the week!
- Favorite color – no one’s going to be surprised when I say coral It sneaks into both my quilts and my wardrobe
- Favorite fabric designer – gosh, this one is TOUGH. I’d have to say Karen Lewis Textiles – I love how she balances both whimsy and geometric shapes in her designs.
- Favorite summer beverage – I’d have to say lemonade, but I don’t drink it that often! Otherwise, a classic margarita while sitting on the deck is pretty glorious too!
- Favorite TV show – this changes based on what I’m currently watching, but I’ve been LOVING The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The clothing in that show is just swoon-worthy! I’m on pins and needles waiting for the next season!