It’s FeelGood Friday, and this week’s playlist is a treat! Curated for you by Pam Poling of @jumpcutarts
, she calls the playlist “Quilt Process” because each song on the list represents — a different part of the quilting process! (That is, every part minus basting.) She skipped a song for basting because it’s her least favorite part of the process and in her opinion, there are simply “no happy songs for it”!
Do you agree? Is basting your least favorite part of the quilt process, too? Either way, we hope you enjoy this quilty playlist and have an awesome weekend ahead! Happy Friday!
1. Research – Empty Pages Traffic
2. Inspiration – Something’s Comin’ West Side Story
3. Color – It’s Your TimeCorinne West
4. Doubt – Got To Give It Up Marvin Gaye
5. Edit – It’s In The Way That You Use It Eric Clapton
6. Happy – Just Fine Mary J. Blige
7. Cut – Feelin’ Alright Joe Cocker
8. Sew – Pick Up The Pieces Average White Band
9. Quilt –Take Five Dave Brubeck
10. Binding – Finally CeCe Peniston
11. Give It Away – We Are Family Sister Sledge
I have a BFA in film production and I’ve been quilting for about 28 years. Putting pieces of film together is not all that different than putting fabric together, but it is far less stressful and much less expensive. I am working on a quilt project now that will combine my love for both art forms (I really hope I can pull it off). I used to have a blog but I spent w-a-y too much time writing and not enough time making stuff to write about, so I let it go. Instagram suits me much better.
2 thoughts on “FGF Playlist #11: Quilt Process”
Thank you Feel Good Fibers – this was so much fun to do! While I was listening and making this morning, I realized I should have included a dance break! Enjoy the weekend!
We love it just as it is! Thank you so much for making such a fun and thoughtful playlist!