FeelGood Fibers is an online peer-to-peer marketplace where you can sell your destashed fabric directly to buyers in the United States. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience while using the FeelGood Fibers website.
The short version of our policy is always to treat others as you would like to be treated — with kindness, respect, and compassion.
If you’d like the longer version of the policy, please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you as a seller.
What Can be Sold on FeelGood Fibers
FeelGood Fibers is a niche marketplace primarily for designer and quality quilting fabric. Buyers come here to purchase fabric they might not find anywhere else or because they believe in the idea of working with pre-loved fabric. Sorry to repeat ourselves again, but everything listed for sale on FeelGood Fibers must be fabric.
We ask that you use your own photographs—not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites. We believe this will give the sellers the best representation of the condition of the fabric that you are selling.
Representing Yourself, Your PopUp, and Your Listings Honestly
At FeelGood Fibers, we believe in the importance of our community and being open and transparent with each other. This means that we ask our sellers to honestly and accurately represent themselves and their items.
By selling on FeelGood Fibers, you agree that you will:
Provide honest, accurate information in your About section.
Honor your PopUp Policies.
Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
Not engage in fee avoidance.
Not coordinate pricing with other PopUps.
Communicating with Other FeelGood Fibers Members
You can use FeelGood Fibers Messages (“FGF Messages”) to communicate directly with your buyers or other FeelGood Fibers members. Messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about your destash or an order.
FGF Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction, or the business of another member.
- Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s listings in order to drive away their business.
- Interference is strictly prohibited on FeelGood Fibers. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via FGF Messages to warn them away from a particular member, listing, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Any use of FGF Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited.
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
You are responsible for protecting members’ personal information you receive or process, and you must comply with all relevant legal requirements. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use FeelGood Fibers user information.
In particular, when you sell using FeelGood Fibers’ Services (“Services”) (subject to this Policy), you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services. You are responsible for protecting user personal information you receive or process and complying with all relevant legal requirements when you use the Services.
For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for FeelGood Fibers-related communications or for FeelGood Fibers-facilitated transactions.
Building a Positive Reputation Through Reviews (“Reviews”)
Reviews are a great way for you to spread the news of your amazing de-stash on FeelGood Fibers. Buyers can leave reviews, including a one- to five-star rating of their purchase, within 100 days after their item’s estimated delivery date.
Because we have such a great community, we expect most Reviews to be overwhelmingly positive. However, on the rare occasion that you receive an unfavorable Review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response. Reach out to us if this is necessary.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, FeelGood Fibers, or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Providing Great Customer Service
We hope and expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on FeelGood Fibers, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. We know that you are not Amazon Prime! However, sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your PopUp policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our FeelGood Fibers team may be able to help.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via FeelGood Fibers Messages and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
FeelGood Fibers’s Dispute Process
- We ask buyers to try to first contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before including FeelGood Fibers as part of the dispute resolution process.
- For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers.
- Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. We ask that you try to respond to any open disputes promptly.
- FeelGood Fibers may request your assistance in resolving any disputes opened against your listing. FeelGood Fibers reserves the right to escalate for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, and undermining the integrity of FeelGood Fibers.
- Disputes may arise in the following circumstances:
- Non-Delivery: A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item.
- The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on FeelGood Fibers.
- The item received is a different color, designer, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material than listed.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three yards but only received two).
- Not-as-Described:An item is not-as-described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
Some disputes aren’t disputes that we (nor the seller can help with). These include:
- Items that are damaged by the shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, washed, or discarded after receipt by the buyer.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
Last updated on July 2, 2020